I. The Information We Collect
- Information You Provide To Us. At some Services, you can register, order products, enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters or text message alerts, or participate in one of our online forums or communities. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect from you various forms of information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and credit card information.
At some Services, you may also be able to submit Information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name and e-mail address to send an electronic greeting card and, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient’s name and address. This Information may include, for instance, a recipient’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected. We, and our “Partners” who include iSP Affiliates, third party service providers, and distribution or other partners may use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access our Services. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers, mobile network, device identifiers (such as an Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the Services you have visited, Services visited before and after you visit a Service, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Service (e.g., iOS, Android), location information, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on. Please see our Section titled Cookies, for more information about how the foregoing Information may be collected and used.
- Geo-Location Information. If you are accessing a Service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience on our Services. If you agree to such collection, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
- Information Collected By and From Social Media Services and Other Third Party Platforms. You also can engage with our content, such as video, games, applications, and other offerings, on or through social media services or other third party platforms, such as Facebook, or other third-party social media plug-ins, integrations and applications. When you engage with our content on or through social media services or other third party platforms, plug-ins, integrations or applications, you may allow us to have access to certain Information in your profile. This may include your name, e-mail address, photo, gender, birthday, location, an ID associated with the applicable third party platform or social media account user files, like photos and videos, your list of friends or connections, people you follow and/or who follow you, or your posts or “likes.” For a description on how social media services and other third party platforms, plug-ins, integrations or applications handle your information, please refer to their respective privacy policies and terms of service, which may permit you to modify your privacy settings.
When we interact with you through our content on third party websites, applications, integrations or platforms, we may obtain any information regarding your interaction with that content, such as content you have viewed, your game performance, high scores, and information about advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on.
II. How We Use the Information
We, along with our Partners, may use the Information to:
- provide and communicate with you about the Services or your account with us;
- fulfill your requests regarding the Services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications;
- respond to your inquiries;
- communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Information;
- provide technical support for the Services;
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Services;
- protect the safety of our Users; and
- perform analysis regarding how you use the Services or any part thereof.
When you provide information from your social media account, it can help enable us to do things like (1) give you exclusive content, (2) personalize your online experience with us within and outside our Services, (3) contact you through the social media service or directly by sending you the latest news, special offerings, and rewards, and (4) enable you to share your experience and content via social media services. When you provide information about yourself to us through an application, through our Services, or on social media services or other third party platforms, it may be publicly viewed by other members of these services and we cannot prevent further use of the information by third parties.
We or a Partner may use “cookies” or similar technologies to associate certain of the Information with a unique identifier that then associates the Information with your device or browser. For information about how these technologies work and how we may use them, please go to Section IV, titled Cookies.
We may combine any of the Information we collect, for any of the above purposes, and may sometimes enhance the Information with other information that we obtain from third party sources. Please also be aware that if you choose to submit Information or content for publication (e.g., a letter to our editors, comments sent to our television personalities, a posting to a blog or a discussion board, or a video), we may publish that Information and content, along with other Information about you (such as your name, screen name or location). Likewise, if you register and create a profile with our Service, the screen name you select as well as other content you submit to your profile (e.g., photos, comments, video, reviews) will be displayed publicly on the Service, is searchable, can be found by third parties and may be reused and redistributed by us in our sole discretion. See our Terms of Service for details on our use of content you submit.
III. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose the Information as follows:
- To service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our Services, forums and online communities; (h) administer contests; (i) maintain databases;; and (j) otherwise support our Services;
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request;
- With third parties in order to investigate, prevent, or take action (in our sole discretion) regarding potentially illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to any person, us, or the Services, or violations of our policies, the law or our Terms of Service, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services;
- We may transfer some or all of your Information if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way; and
- We may share the Information with iSP Affiliates, so they can provide, improve and communicate with you about their own, or their marketing partners’ products and services. A representative list of our affiliates is available in the iSP Affiliates section below.
- Locally Stored Objects. Services on the iSP Network may employ locally stored objects (“LSOs”) and other client side storage tracking technologies in certain situations where they help to provide a better user experience, such as to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies. For LSOs utilized by Adobe Flash you can access Flash management tools from Adobe’s website directly. In addition, some, but not all browsers, provide the ability to remove LSOs, sometimes within cookie and privacy settings.
- Web Beacons. We and our Partners may also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a Service or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Service or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that Service. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
V. Other Important Information About Your Privacy
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. At this time Services on the iSP Network do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
- Linked Services. Some of the Services contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult these other services’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- How You Can Access or Correct Information. Access to certain personal Information that is collected from our Services and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Service, you can access that account to review the Information you provided.
You may also send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting access to or correction of your personal Information. Please include your registration information for such service such as first name, last name and e-mail address in the request. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
iStreamPlanet Co., LLC
One CNN Center, 13 North
Atlanta, GA 30303
If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information from this Service, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from this Service. If you have signed up to receive text messages from us and no longer wish to receive such messages, you may follow the instructions to stop the delivery of such messages, which may include by replying “STOP” to the received text message.
- California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights. California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the business’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place.
BLEACHER REPORT, INC.
CABLE NEWS INTERNATIONAL, INC.
CABLE NEWS NETWORK, INC.
CARTOON INTERACTIVE GROUP, INC.
CARTOON NETWORK ENTERPRISES, INC.
CNE TOURS, INC. (F/K/A CARTOON NETWORK SHOP, INC.)
CNN INTERACTIVE GROUP, INC.
COURT TV DIGITAL LLC
COURTROOM TELEVISION NETWORK LLC
GREAT BIG STORY, LLC
TBS INTERACTIVE GROUP, INC.
TCM INTERACTIVE GROUP, INC.
THE CARTOON NETWORK, INC.
TNT INTERACTIVE GROUP, INC.
TNT ORIGINALS, INC.
TURNER BROADCASTING SALES, INC.
TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.
TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES, INC.
TURNER DIGITAL BASKETBALL SERVICES, INC.
TURNER DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT, LLC
TURNER ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS, INC.
TURNER FESTIVALS, INC. (F/K/A TURNER DIRECT RETAILING, INC.)
TURNER MEDIA VENTURES, INC.
TURNER NETWORK SALES, INC.
TURNER NETWORK TELEVISION, INC.
TURNER PAGES, INC.
TURNER SPORTS INTERACTIVE, INC.
TURNER SPORTS, INC.
Below is a list of some of the Time Warner companies that are affiliated with the iSP group companies and with whom we may share Information we collect at our Services. We may update this list from time-to-time with additional Time Warner companies, so please check back periodically to keep up-to-date.
Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.
Home Box Office, Inc.
Time Warner, Inc.
VII. Updates & Effective Date